SEM, or search engine marketing, is a term historically used to describe Search Engine Optimization as well as Paid Search. Over time, we’ve come to separate these search strategies and now refer to SEM solely as paid search, also known as Pay Per Click. There are many benefits to search engine marketing, such as having full control and visibility over your marketing efforts. When PPC is done right, there are many more benefits than risks.
Here are the top 5 reasons we love SEM, and you should too!
- Get Quality Traffic, Fast: Unlike organic SEO, PPC is the fastest way to get instant results. You can literally create a campaign today and generate traffic to your site immediately .
- Budget Control: Because you only pay when someone clicks on your ad, you have complete control of where your budgeting dollars are going. Because there are no budget restrictions, you set how much you’re willing to pay for a click, and how much you want to spend per month. It’s that simple! This doesn’t mean that you’re going to see huge success with a very small budget. It really depends on the industry you’re in and how many other businesses you’re competing with in the ad auction. But we really love the fact that you control your spend!
- Reach The Right Audience: If you want to target a person in Phoenix Arizona, age range 35-50, between the hours of 10am-2pm, that like coffee; you can do that! With keyword, demographic, dayparting and location targeting, PPC really allows you to reach the right audience with the right ads at the right time. Can’t get any more targeted than that!
- Measurable Results: We really love complete transparency. From clicks, views, visits, conversions, costs, and so much more. It’s easy to manage and determine your ROI when you have reports readily available that can show you how your PPC marketing efforts are performing. Data is recorded accurately and results can be tracked extensively. There’s nothing left in the dark with PPC.
- Brand Awareness: Because PPC campaigns allow you to choose which keywords and sites your ads show up on, this creates an incredible opportunity for branding. Even if users do not click on your ad, they will constantly see it show up when they are online; searching on keywords or websites that are relevant to your business. This will help establish you as an industry leader, all the while raising awareness for your brand.
PPC can generate a lot of traffic in a relatively short time, so before you start, be sure to have clearly defined goals and objectives, otherwise you could be throwing money down the drain. If you are uncertain of how to properly set up a PPC campaign, optimize and manage it, we recommend first speaking with a professional to ensure you’re getting the most out of your marketing dollars.